Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Colouring Isn't Just For Children

johanna basford secret garden colouring book
s
I'm a little late on the trend, but adult colouring books have been huge lately. I first heard of them through a Sprinkle of Glitter video when she mentioned one she'd picked up. A few weeks ago my mum bought one for me on a trip (thanks mum!), and it's Scottish illustrator Johanna Basford's 'Secret Garden'. This particular one is quite popular; I've seen this in numerous stores with copies translated into Chinese and Korean. 

johanna basford secret garden colouring book
s
Inside the book are beautiful illustrations for you to colour to your heart's desire. There's also a spot-and-find element to the book that adds a hint of entertainment to the overall therapeutic vibe. It includes detailed, whimsical scenes, artistic 'balls' of designs, and other objects that stick to the flora-fauna theme.

johanna basford secret garden colouring book
s
To go with this book I purchased a spanking new set of 36 Crayola colour pencils. It's nice to have a wide spectrum of colours for books as detailed as this, as there are so many things to fill in.

johanna basford secret garden colouring book
s
Aside from 'Secret Garden', Johanna's range of books include 'Enchanted Forest' and 'Lost Ocean'. I've only flicked though them in stores, but they are equally as stunning. 'Enchanted Forest' is definitely one I would like to pick up in the future, but I'm sure 'Secret Garden' will keep me preoccupied for ages!




That's all from me today, I'll see you soon! x

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top