Ever since I got my iPhone 6 a few months ago, I've found out that I really like the look of clear cases on it, because the phone's own colour can still be seen. Not surprisingly, phone cases are overwhelmingly expensive and the ones I really like are out of reach. I took matters into my own hands and created several cases, all inspired by my many hours on Tumblr (as mentioned dozens of times). Continue on reading for a quick and easy tutorial!
You will need:
- PVA glue (a.k.a Mod Podge, Elmer's glue, 白胶浆)
- a small paintbrush
- images for your design
- a clear case
- something to hold your glue
1. Find your images and cut them out. I found a dripping yin yang symbol on Google, scaled and sized it on Word, then printed them out.
2. Once your images are cut out, place them on top of your case to map out where you will stick them.
3. Using your paintbrush, apply glue to the top of the image. Stick it onto the underside of your case (where it touches your phone). The glue will dry clear, and your design will be seen through the case.
4. Continue glueing until your design is complete. Leave everything to dry overnight, and you are done!
You can find clear cases online for relatively cheap (I got mine for under $10 each!), so buy a stack and go to town with it. There are endless designs you could do and naturally, I couldn't just create one!
I created the 8-bit speech bubble case in honour of one of my favourite Avenger, and to express my frustration that he is dead (Marvel, kindly revive Quicksilver in the upcoming Civil War please!). I used mixed media for the other case (not really), using a combination of printed images and flash tattoos. One of the great things about this DIY is that you can create a design that compliments your phone colour, or clashes to create a statement. Of course, this isn't only limited to iPhone 6's.
This has got to be one of my favourite DIYs that I've ever done. Phone cases are one of my all-time favourites, so check out my other one here that I did a while back (the format may be different as I wrote it while the blog was still named Love From Icy. Updated links are on the sidebar.)
Hope you enjoyed this post! I'll see you next time! x