Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

I've Been Thinking Too Much | 10 Things

s
One. I stayed up late last night to an ungodly hour (into the AM if you're wondering) and watched Marie Antoinette, directed by Sophia Coppola. Whew, what an extravaganza of a movie! Marie Antoinette's frivolous lifestyle makes me wonder a. how did nobody point out that fact that she was wasting millions earlier, and b. did she not get tired of wearing all those dresses and wigs. I like how the movie was a historical film, yet it was refreshingly modern, what with the snappy, guitar-filled score. Oh, and now I am craving all sorts of desserts; the LadurĂ©e macaroons featured in one scene looked divine. It's a wonder Marie Antoinette didn't get any cavities from her constant snacking on pastries and cakes! 

Two. Having no luck with finding a comfortable pair of ripped-at-the-knees black skinny jeans, I DIY-ed my own. I am absolutely in love with them. The knee rips make wearing long pants in HK's humidity a lot more comfortable, and overall they just look good. I'm not scared to admit that I feel like a total badass in them c:

Three. In honour of National Dance Day, I would just like to say that I am loving my dance class at the moment. After so many years of no dance classes, a couple of months ago I took dancing back up. I've forgotten the thrill of dance class; with each lesson I get to improve my technique, learn new routines, and generally have fun. Plus, the additional exercise does no harm! We recently learnt a routine to The Weeknd's 'Can't Feel My Face' and, despite me not being able to spin quick enough within a beat, I'm enjoying everything. 

Four. When I came back from Singapore, a group of friends and I went bowling. This was when I found out that my bowling game seriously sucks. I haven't been bowling in forever, so I guess I should cut myself some slack. Even so, a little disappointing considering bowling's fun, I used to be able to strike, and my score would be above 50.

Five. This one's a given, but I've been active on Tumblr everyday. It's strange to think that I've reblogged quite a fair amount already, yet that's only a slither in the Tumblr universe and there's more to come. Not to be all self-promo-y or anything, but check out my Tumblr here! It would be awesome to communicate with you guys and answer any questions. 


Six. Last week I got really annoyed with my Essie top coat; the tip wear was ridiculous! I was so done with it, and decided to purchase another bottle of Seche Vite. The ingredients used to make it aren't the best, but it really does work. I'm wearing Sally Hansen's Lacey Lilac right now, and it's held up nicely for a few days already. 

Seven. With the endless hours of freedom, I used that time to make things. My better creations out of the lot are a clay bowl, a chevron wire ring, and a crystal bullet choker. I attempted faux druzy pendants, but haven't quite got the grasp of it yet. When I do, I'm pretty sure there'll be a tutorial up on this blog!

Eight. I have been listening to Twenty One Pilots, nonstop. They came to Hong Kong last week and - sob - I didn't go. I regret not going very much as I have really come to love their music. Blurryface is another one of those golden albums; all of the track are favourites of mine. I haven't listened to Vessel enough to add it onto the list, but I am pretty sure in the future it will be on there. 

Nine. Though I didn't go to the concert, my sister did. She showed me a few videos and pictures she took, and Tyler Joseph was wearing one of the most gorgeous kimonos I have ever seen. I am currently on the lookout for one like it, so if you have any ideas where I can get one that isn't too expensive, please let me know! And yes, Tyler Joseph's outfit game for the concert was on point. He's been sporting black-grey paint on his arms and neck for his Blurryface alter ego, and it actually works on him. If I ever tried to do that, I would probably end up looking like I fell into the drain!

Ten. The cork board over my desk was getting a bit cluttered, so I revamped it. I updated the polaroid pictures, rearranged my rings, and printed out a few new Tumblr images. That being said, I just couldn't take down Sassy Sangster; his expression is basically me on the inside. 

Ahhhhhhh, it was good to get all that off my chest! It's nice to blog about stuff like this; there's no pressure to confine to any structure, and I personally like reading these types of posts. If you're new here, hi, I'm Hazel! All my links are on the sidebar, so go ahead and pop me a message!

Lastly, it turns out that this is my 100th post. Wow. I normally don't really go into too much detail over blog statistics, but in my eyes, 100 posts is a milestone. Thanks for all your support, it really means a lot to me!



I'll see you soon! x

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top