Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Shopping in Seoul: Myeong Dong

Hey guys :)

So a couple of weeks ago, I went to Seoul with my mum for a mini shopping spree during the long weekend. We didn't go to too many places as our time was limited, but we stopped at several places like Ehwa Woman's University, Dongdaemun, and of course, Myeong Dong. I've been to Myeong Dong a few times in the past, and it is literally shopping HEAVEN. From the station's Exit 7 (Myeong Dong station, Line 4), you come out from the station to face an ever-lasting road of shops.


First is a freaking GINORMOUS Uniqlo.


As you go in, there will be shops like Tony Moly, innisfree, Etude House, all sorts of makeup brands. There are actually several of the same shop as you head further in, so if you can't find the thing you're looking for in one shop, it's bound to be available in the same shop 2 minutes away. 


The best thing about Myeong Dong (to me) is the absolutely HUGE Forever 21. The founder of Forever 21 was a Korean guy and his wife, who moved to L.A. to open up stores. Last time I visited this store was maybe two years ago, and since then they have renovated the store. The new design resembles a fashion runway, and it looks amazing!



More stores include:
  • SPAO
  • Bean Pole
  • H&M
  • American Apparel
  • 8ight Seconds
  • Top Ten
and many, many more...

As for beauty brands:
  • innisfree
  • Etude house
  • Tony Moly
  • Holika Holika
  • Nature Republic 
  • The Face Shop
  • A'pieu
  • Olive Young
  • Atrium
  • Skin Food
and again, many, many more!

I did a haul post of the stuff I purchased in Korea, so if you would like to see that click HERE.

If you have a chance to visit Seoul and you love shopping, definitely check out Myeong Dong. It's a really tourist-y spot, so a must-see!

Not much today, but I promise I'll have a really exiting post for next week :)

One last thing: I now have a Twitter account! Ok, technically, like the tumblr account, I did have an old one. However, I didn't really use so it so I thought I would delete it and start fresh. Follow me @icygirl79 https://twitter.com/icygirl79


That's all for today. have a good day/night!



Have you been to Seoul? Leave a comment down below and don't forget to follow Love From Icy on Bloglovin or by email!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top