Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

June Favourites

Hey guys :)

First order of business: SUMMER.

IT'S HERE.

SCHOOL IS OUT.

AHHHHH!

So you might have noticed a little change in the title. I have decided to change from Monthly Music Favourites to monthly favourites because I like all kinds of stuff :) I want to talk about beauty products, clothes, apps and books. Obviously I'll still be writing about music, and I'll build it up from there.

Let's begin!

Music

1. 'Brooklyn Baby' by Lana del Rey
'Ultraviolence' came out this month and I really like 'Brooklyn Baby' from it. Lana del Rey presents us with a list of vintage-y, edgy songs. Her music style is one that I've never really come across before, and it's so unique.


2. 'Wicked Games' by The Weekend (HugLife a.k.a. DJ Slink remix)
A while back, a dance group at school performed to this song. They were awesome and the song stuck in my head. Early this month I found it and I was so excited! The singing has a whimsical vibe, but paired with the beat, the song changes from dreamy to edgy.


3. 'Cool Kids' by Echosmith
I learnt about this song off Bethany Mota (Macbarbie07 on YouTube) when she did her monthly favourites. The lyrics to this song are so meaningful and relate-able, and Echosmith is a cool band. It's made up of 4 siblings, ranging from 15 to 21. So young, so talented (and Sydney is absolutely gorgeous♡)


4. 'Cardiac Arrest' by Bad Suns
This song is insanely catchy, I'm not even kidding. It's fun to sing and dance to, so what's not to love?


Everything else!

1. This brush
This has to be one of the BEST hair brushes I've ever used. Like I said last week, I'm a total sucker for packaging and the colours on this are so cute! It works just as well as a Tangle Teezer, and it's WAY more affordable. I purchased it from Forever 21 last week and I use it everyday *obsessively brushing hairt*


2. This topcoat
I posted about this topcoat a few weeks ago and since then it has become my holy grail topcoat. I painted my nails a few weeks ago and then practiced a solo section on the guitar. Normally, my nails get wrecked by the strings. With this topcoat on, my nails stayed perfect; not a single scratch, even after fingerpicking! I was totally amazed by its topcoat-ness. 


3. This bracelet combo
Both of these bracelets are from Forever 21 and they came in separate packages: the one with 'happiness' on it alone and the jeweled one with two other jeweled ones. I like how the bracelets look together because the thick chain contrasts against the daintiness of the other bracelet.


4. My polaroid camera
This camera is the Fujifilm instax mini 7s, purchased from Korea last year (but purchasable in Log On for you HK peeps). This week was the last week of school and I had to bring it with me to the last day. I made new friends this year and we went through so much together (GLEE!), and a polaroid camera is perfect to capture memories. I keep it in this cute little pineapple drawstring I got online.


5. Revlon's new site design
This favourite was super spontaneous. I literally just went on the site a few hours ago and I LOVE IT. The new design is gorgeous, presenting the products to you in a sleek, no-bull format. This favourite is probably one of my strangest but gush about it I will!

I am also super excited for all the new Revlon products and I am hoping they come to Hong Kong!




That's all for my June Favourites. I hope you've enjoyed this post and I'll see you next week!



Remember to follow me on social media :)
Tumblr: http://icygirl79.tumblr.com/
Instagram: http://instagram.com/icygirl79
Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/hazel3

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top