Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Monthly Music Favourites: May 2014

Hey guys :)

Whew, the month has passed quickly so it's time for my MMF! For this month, it seems like my picks were from last month because I instantly fell for a few songs during the first two weeks of the month which had to be included in this post.

Let's get to it!

1. 'Fancy' by Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX
This song HAD to be included in this month's MMF! It's so upbeat and fun to dance to with your friends, which I have definitely done (shoutout to you peeps from the party bus ;)). The music video is absolutely amazing, and Iggy Azalea was flawless. I love the whole 'Clueless' theme to the it because it's such an iconic chick flick filled with quirks and generally girly ish. Definitely number one on this month's list!


2. 'Problem' by Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea
Another song where Iggy Azalea raps :) In this song, Ariana Grande reaches notes beyond my belief and it sounds incredible. However, in contrast to 'Fancy', I didn't really like the music video. The same images were repeated over and over again, and it started to get boring after the first chorus. So good song, not-so-good video :/ Luckily the music video is only part of the whole presentation, and I did enjoy her first performance of the song.


3. R5
I surprised myself when I chose R5 because they seem like such a generic-Disney-pop band. They are actually quite a good band. Their songs are pretty catchy, like 'I Want U Bad' and '(I Can't) Forget About You'. Somehow they reminded me of when I was younger and when life was easier :) Also, I really like listening to the covers that they do on their own YouTube channel.


4. 5 Seconds of Summer
My friend and I have been rocking out to 5SOS almost every Science class! We love 'Don't Stop' and 'She Looks So Perfect', and we belt them out LOUD. Another friend introduced me to them last year and I thought their music was good (I'm the worst at describing things!). I really love their Billboard Awards performance where they were nervous, because it showed that they were real people with relatable problems. It was sweet how when one person was shaken up, another would just shoot them a funny face to be like, "It's fine, you're doing great!" From this we see that they truly work well together, and they will achieve many things later on.



Lots of new music has come out or will be coming out, but I guess my favourites will have to go into next month's MMF. I'm considering expanding my monthly favourites to other things as well, not only music, but I can't do makeup because I don't wear any... food, movies, fashion and random favourites? 

That's all for today. I hope you've enjoyed this post; have a good day/night!



What are your MMF? Leave a comment down below and don't forget to follow Love From Icy on Bloglovin or by email!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top