Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Ringing In the New Year

new years resolutions 2016

Ahhhhhhh... new year, new me! Or so the saying goes. 2015 has been full of its ups and downs, and I'm ready for the new year. Nitpicking at things I want to improve in and making goals for change is easy, but keeping up with them? Not so much.

Last year I went with three resolutions: 1. to read more, 2. to make more time for certain things, and 3. to make videos. I feel like I've fulfilled 50% of that list; I've definitely read more, I've participated in some activities, but making videos didn't go as planned. Well, that slate has now been wiped clean and here are my 2016 resolutions.

1. Maintain the blog
Firstly, I'm not going to be filming any more videos. For now. I noticed that I posted less when I uploaded videos, and I feel like I should focus on the blog as it is my main priority. Throughout 2015 I became more aware of my blog's quality and how I can improve in aspects such as photography, content etc. The pressures of filming videos is completely off my shoulders so it's a good opportunity for me to improve the blog. I've decided to post when I have a post rather than post every week, as churning out posts just for the sake of it isn't what I hope to achieve. 

2. Keep up with exercising
I lost a littleeeee bit of weight this year as I started working out during the summer. Though the change is small, I intend to continue exercising. Exercising to me is more about health, rather than losing ___ amount of weight, because I feel like weight loss is part of staying healthy overall. I'm not saying I'll be dropping by the gym everyday, but going running 2-3 times a week isn't actually all that bad.

3. Eat more fruit
Truth be told, I got this resolution off a friend. Fruit is a healthier alternative to snacks, and it also helps with inside-the-body systems. A little fruit ain't gonna hurt nobody!

4. Handle time management more wisely
Poor time management has gotten me into sticky situations in the past. It's something I hope to improve at, especially with my exams not far ahead. 

5. Just wear it
There are times when I've put off wearing outfits that I've planned because "I'm not going anywhere particularly interesting", ending up in the usual jeggings-and-Vans combo. As a student there aren't many times I can go out during the week, so outfits go to waste. This year I've decided to let loose and just wear what I feel like wearing.


Following resolutions is hard. Who cares about gyming when you've got that slice of cake at home? Why study when there are two new episodes of Galavant waiting for you (have you watched it though? It's amazing)? It'll take a whole lot of self discipline and control to stick by these resolutions, but I have no intention of giving up.




I'll see you soon! x

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top