Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Monthly Music Favourites: February 2014



Hey guys :)

It's time for another MMF! February has whizzed by super quickly and I've been listening to more music. Today's post, however, has to be dedicated to Arctic Monkeys, my new favourite band. I have literally not stopped listening to them since the beginning of this month, and my obsession would have to be labelled insane :) Their music is just so energetic and uplifting, great for studying or just hanging around.


Since I have basically only listened to Arctic Monkeys this February, I'm going to talk about my favourite albums and the songs in them :)

1. AM
AM is Arctic Monkey's latest album that came out last year. This album is one of those albums where I actually like ALL of the songs. You know, normally on an album I have a handful of favourites. But for AM? No, I love them all! Listen to 'R U Mine?', 'Why Do You Only Call Me When You're High?', and 'One For the Road' if you like upbeat, fast-tempo songs, or 'No. 1 Party Anthem' for ballads.



BTW, have you seen Arctic Monkey's performance for the Brits? It was pretty freaking awesome. Also, people have been hating on Alex Turner's speech when they won the award for the MasterCard British Album of the Year. I found it hilarious!

2. Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
'I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor' is one of my favourite songs on this album. 'A Certain Romance' has been stuck in my head all week because it's so unique. It starts off with this really hard-core-rock tune, so you immediately think, oh yeah, rage. But it just melts into this chill song which I reallyreallyreally like :) I would also mention 'Mardy Bum', but that's obviously a given. They rarely perform it live, but the time they did it on stage at Glastonbury last year was just asdfghjkl;



3. Favourite Worse Nightmare
'D is for Dangerous' and 'Fluorescent Adolescent' have to be my favourite songs from this album. They're fun and upbeat, so what's not to love? By this point, I am running out of things to say because a. I really think Arctic Monkeys is just amazing and b. I don't want to repeat myself.


If you haven't picked up on the message yet, here it is: Arctic Monkeys is freaking amazing. DEFINITELY check them out if you haven't already because you are missing out big time. 

That's all for today. Have a good day/night!



What are your music favourites for this month? Leave a comment down below and don't forget to follow Love From Icy on Bloglovin, or @icygirl79 on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top