Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bought A Ukelele!

Hey guys :)

Who's the worst at deadlines. ME!

I'm SO sorry for missing last weeks post. I was extremely busy with a history essay on the A-bomb, but it turns out I didn't do as well as I had hoped :( I guess I'll just have to improve next time.

Anyways, my parents bought me a ukelele as a late birthday present. It is absolutely beautiful and I treasure it so much! I got the Concert size because the Soprano ukelele was too small for my... *cough* big... frame. Basically, there are three sizes of ukeleles: Soprano, Concert, and Tenor. Small, medium, and big. Easy enough.


My parents bought it from this shop called UkeHK or Hong Kong Ukelele Store. The shop has a ton of ukeleles and accessories for all sorts of needs. If you have any free time, drop by the shop and have a look. They also have an online catalog that's pretty handy. Click HERE for their website and all the information.

I leave the ukelele on the standard tuning of AECG, and I can surprisingly tune it without the strings snapping! I've had horrible experiences with my acoustic guitar strings. I've snapped a few in the past and they really do hurt :( Once, when I just started learning how to play, I thought I tuning it fine, when it turns out I was tuning up to the next octave. The string snapped, hit (?) me, and I had a long, red line down my leg for a week. Ouch!

Everything about it excites me. The fact that I can actually manage a few chords just gets me giddy and high. The ukelele came with a booklet that had a ginormous list of basic uke chords and a few songs. I can play "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. AHHHHHHH!

I've been practicing all week long, but my singing needs A LOT of work. Well, you know what they say, practice makes perfect ;)

Not a really long post today but more coming later!

That's all for today. Have a good day/night!



Leave a comment down below and don't forget to follow Love From Icy on Bloglovin, or @icygirl79 on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top