Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Essie - After School Boy Blazer

Hey guys!

Earlier this month I purchased Essie's 'After School Boy Blazer'. I've been wanting a colour like that ever since I watched TFIOS, because the polish Hazel was wearing was described as an 'almost black dark blue'. I scoured the net to find the colour and stumbled across ASBB. It matched the description perfectly!


Essie describes it as an 'academy blue-black'. Quite fitting, but really you can't go wrong with this! In the bottle the navy-ness of it is see-able. On the nail it's a black with a tinge of blue; in sunlight it is as it looks in the bottle.


The application was amazing. The consistency is nice and thin and the polish is very pigmented. I could almost get away with a single coat of polish, but being myself I naturally messed up the first coat and had to fix it up with a second. Still, I'm impressed.


Dry time didn't take too long; I'll even say that it was quick. But of course, the weather can effect the dry time because if it's colder outside (which it finally is :)) then dry time can change.

I am very happy that I purchased this polish as it is a wonderful colour that captures that quote from TFIOS. As a bonus, it is perfect for the Autumn and Winter season. It's a unique colour because it looks like it's a basic black, but actually there's another hue to it. I definitely will purchase this again when I'm out.


 Book-Hazel has her blue-black polish and now real-Hazel has hers too :)




That's all from me today, hope you had a lovely Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top