Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

DIY: Washi-Wrapped Cord

Hey guys :)

To start off, I would just like to mention the 'Follow by Email' feature I have added. If you don't have a Bloglovin' account, simply enter your email address into the box, and you will get email notifications whenever a new post has been uploaded. Go ahead and enter your email now!

Anyways, I have another DIY for you today. I have been trying to keep myself occupied this break, and DIYs have taken over. This DIY is an idea to jazz up your cords, whether it's your phone cords or even earphones. I have been dying to try this ever since I saw some decorated cords in a shop once. Of course, they were ridiculously overpriced, so I'm taking matters into my own hands!

the finished product

Let's get started!

You will need:
1. washi tape of your choice
2. a cord of some sort
3. scissors
4. *optional* double sided tape

1. To start off, find your washi tape and decide what type of pattern/design you want. For my cord, I chose a blue-green colour scheme and I wanted the colours to be scattered around. I found my masking tape in Shatin and they were perfect for this DIY. They came in a pack of 10 colours, and the pack was only $40. 


2. Cut 2-3 cm of washi tape, and tightly press it against the cord, horizontally. Making sure the tape is straight, continue wrapping the tape around until the end has reached the coil. Press firmly to secure. I started with the very top of the cord, as you can see below.


Because my cord was round, the washi tape didn't stick securely at the end. To secure it, I stuck on a small piece of double sided tape. 


3. Continue all round the cord until you reach the end. This may take a long time, as it did for me, but be patient and consistent!


And you're done! I love the way how the cord looks; the blues and greens pop against the white. This DIY is relatively easy, so don't stop until you've reached the end :) Make this your own by using different colours or patterns of washi tape. I might do this DIY with my other cord with the pinks and purple.

That's all for today. I wish you all a happy Easter, hope you have fun and stay safe. Have a good day/night!



Leave a comment down below and don't forget to follow Love From Icy!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top