Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Dude's Bath and Body Works Finds

Hey guys :)

If, like me, you are living in Hong Kong, you may be aware of a little shop called Dude's. They sell products from American brands, such as Bath and Body Works, Sephora, Abercrombie & Fitch, TOMS etc. The cozy little shop is located in Causeway Bay, near Times Square. The full address is:

Pic taken from their Facebook page :)

So I ventured out to Causeway Bay with a friend yesterday to track down the shop. To my surprise, it was quite easy to find as their old shop was in a more remote area. We were extremely excited because a. we both love Bath and Body Works and b. BBW is hard to find in Hong Kong. 

A funny little story: Dude's supposedly opens at 1:00 so my friend and I were walking there. We got into the lift and pressed the button but it wasn't working. I pressed it a few times and it didn't work, so we decided to  go on the floor below and take the stairs. When the doors opened, there was a mannequin dressed in boxing gear, as the floor was, I think, a Thai boxing studio. We both were SO freaked out; my friend even screamed a little! She tried to open the door of the stairs but it was locked. We returned to the ground floor and waited. I had already tried to call the shop but no one seemed to answer. After half an hour, my friend tried the number again and luckily one of the ladies that owned Dude's picked up. She told us Dude's opened at 2:00 and I was like:

if you know where this is from, you are amazing :)

Finally at 2:00, we returned to the building and went up to Dude's. We were so glad the lift button for the floor worked; I have a feeling that the button can be locked because the elevator is basically the door of the shop. Smart ;) Inside, I was all like asdfghjkl; because it was that exciting for me. I know, I'm pretty weird. I immediately raced to the BBW rack and started fawning over the products.

I can't even begin to explain how I felt then. My obsession with BBW is literally crazy and I haven't even been to a store. To my friends and family, I am known to love PocketBac, BBW's little bottles of hand sanitizer in really cool scents. They make be go:


After half an hour of me trying to decide what to get, I eventually bought:

1. a Twisted Peppermint PocketBac

2. a Candy Cane Bliss PocketBac

3. a Twisted Peppermint Fragrance Mist

Twisted Peppermint and Candy Cane Bliss are virtually the same scent, but I have a new-found love for it. It's really sweet and fresh, rightly smelling like peppermint candy canes. A thumbs up on this account! 

We were smelling the 3-wick candles, and I totally love the Buttercream Mint scent (it was a limited edition scent during the Black Friday sale) which smelt like rich minty shortbread. Another favourite out of the selection was a candle with a snow scent (I forgot the name but the colour was a light grey-blue). It seems weird but that candle actually captured the scent of snow, if snow even has a scent. The scent took me back to 2008, when my family and I spent Christmas in Vancouver and I saw snow in real life for the first time. Ahhhh, those totally random moments of nostalgia... 

their cute pink bag 

The products were actually pretty expensive as they were shipped from America. Of course, in actual BBW stores they wouldn't be as expensive, but sadly there isn't a shop in Hong Kong :( Overall, I was quite pleased with my findings! 

That's all for today. Have a good day/night!



Have you ever been to Dude's? Comment down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top