Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Topshop Lips: Innocent

s
A few weeks back I read on a ton of beauty blogs that Topshop had its 5th Anniversary for their beauty line. Instead of launching new products to celebrate, they took their top five lipsticks, nail polishes, and a whole lot of other products from previous years, and revamped them with rose gold packaging. Pretty neat!

I don't know much about their makeup - or makeup in general - but Topshop's lipsticks are very nice. There's a whole rainbow of reds, pinks, and purples to choose from, and the formulas are generally good. I own Mercurial, a metallic-pink shade, Brighton Rock, a bright off-pink, and Twin, a not-as-dark-as-Lorde red-purple lip polish. I decided to reach out and try another colour; I returned home with Innocent, one of the top five lipsticks. 

Before we get into it, I would just like to apologise for the inconsistent lighting throughout the coming photos. The weather hasn't been great and the colours of everything were a right pain to capture!

As mentioned above, the top fives were packaged in rose gold. I'm not going to go into too much detail about it because a. it's all pretty self explanatory, and b. I rave about packaging more than I rave about actual products. This rose gold beauty is a straight A* from me.


s
Innocent is one of those my-lips-but-better colours, or in my case, my-lips-but-better-and-paler. I wanted to swatch it on my lips to give you guys a proper look at the outcome, but I swear the sun went, "Nope, not today." The site describes this shade as an 'iced lilac'. On my hand it's a medium pink; on my lips it's a cooler-toned light pink that's very wearable on an everyday basis. 
s
The formula was so good. When I first put it on, I was surprised by how creamy the texture was. A single swatch gives full coverage. It hydrates the lips with wear, which I'm thankful for because sometimes I find that some lipsticks are so drying. However the colour can sink into the lines of your lips or show areas of peeling, so exfoliating and moisturising your lips before rocking this shade will come in handy. 
s
There is a slight vanilla-marshmallow scent to the product but it isn't overpowering at all. In fact, you hardly notice it when wearing the lipstick. I didn't really look out for durability or staying power, but the lipstick will come off if you eat or drink. I'm guessing it's due to the creamy formula, but I'm not complaining!



Have you picked up any of the Topshop Beauty 5th Anniversary products?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top