Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Met Gala 2015 | Favourite Looks

Hey guys!

I am back with another Favourite Looks posts! I originally post on Sundays but a. I've fallen late on that, and b. pictures of the Gala have been all over literally everywhere I look. 

First thing's first [I'm the realest]: what is the Met Gala? I am not ashamed to say I had no idea what it was until it came to the time of writing this post; I assumed it was one of those fancy-schmancy events which A-listers attended and you read about the day after in the news. After typing up on Google, 'what is the Met Gala doing some research, I've found that the Met Gala is a fundraising event for the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institution. Pretty cool! 

The theme this year was "China: Through the Looking Glass", which I thought was very interesting since a lot of events don't exactly have themed dress codes. I had no idea what was coming, and if you read back on it, there were a lot of looks that were out there! Here are a few of my favourites:

1. Zendaya in Fausto Puglisi


DAMMMNNNN. For one, Zendaya kills it in heels. Next, I love all the reds and golds contrasting against the black, with the embroidery and matching accessories. She always looks on point (have you seen her Instagram?), and the Gala was no exception. This may be the inner textiles student in me, but I would love to see the construction of the skirt and train. Her tiara and armband are to die for, but let's be real, I don't think any of us will ever be able to pull off such intricate pieces as well as she did. An A* for sure.

2. Eddie Redmayne and Hannah Bagshawe in Valentino



To be honest, I'm still not over Hannah Bagshawe's Oscars dress, which was a stunner by the way. Her white gown is much more minimalistic, but still beautiful - the black panelling at the sides give it an extra kick. And of course, Eddie Redmayne is just dashing as usual. I know I've said this before, but I'll repeat it again: goals!

3. Hailee Steinfeld in Michael Kors


My first thought was that's quite Taylor Swift-y. The gown is so simple but elegant, and the red definitely screams boss. The gold accessories were really well paired; I've always thought that matching red and gold would resemble a traditional Chinese wedding dress (not a bad thing, but it's probably not the style you're going for), but it is clear that I am proven wrong. 

4. Wei Tang in Burberry Prorsum 



I don't know what it is, but I've recently been loving black lining. It gives such an effortlessly elevated, modern vibe to clothing. On this gown, it downplays the sparkle slightly so we're not all blinded by all those jewels. A very nice contrast!

And those were my favourite looks from 2015's Met Gala. Two things before I end this post:
  • The newborn Princess has been named Charlotte! I was so hoping she would be named Victoria, after Victoire Weasley and all that Harry potter fandom ish. If you've been on Tumblr for the past two weeks or so, people have been buzzing about the Victoire-Princess birthday coincidence. I personally don't think it was a coincidence, but was J.K. Rowling's magic that blessed us all!
  • How are you guys doing with exams and prep? I've got two more weeks until my mocks, and I'm stressing over the Schlieffen Plan and kinetic energy. Gosh, there are still a ton of things to revise for Science, but nothing seems to stay in my brain :(



Hope you are all well. I'll see you soon! x

2 comments:

  1. I love how in Zendaya photo the guy kinda photo bobbed with his hand so funny.

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top