Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Feeling Blue | Current Thoughts

Hello all!

Many things have been running through my head lately, and they all seem to relate back to blue, whether it's the colour or the feeling. 

First up, Troye Sivan's 'Blue Neighbourhood' dropped yesterday and oh my god it is amazing. His music falls under the indie electronic category which may not be for everyone, but I absolutely love it. I've without a doubt mentioned his music in past Favourites, but the release of the album had to be mentioned. He's created a whole background to it, so there's more to it than just the music. The songs really are that good and it's impossible to choose one favourite. Check out 'Blue Neighbourhood' on Spotify here or hit up his iTunes here


Pantone has had the internet buzzing these past few days with the release of 2016's Colour of the Year... or in this case, Colours. The two colours chosen are both pastels; rose quartz is a pale pink, and serenity is a cornflower blue with a touch of purple. Both shades are really pretty and I can definitely see how they can be incorporated into coming trends. Though I won't be rocking rose quartz hair anytime soon, serenity would make a great Spring nail polish to brighten up the rainy months. 


So it's the end of the year - Christmas is in 20 or so days. I can't help but feel a little sad that the year is almost ending, and I just can't get into the festive spirit. I'm not a huge celebrator of Christmas but I do love the festivities surrounding it. It may be just the work I've got to tackle during the holidays or the coming exams. I've still got that EE and past papers to complete before I can relax!




Hope you are all doing well! x

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top