Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The 88th Academy Awards | Favourite Looks

The internet has been buzzing over the past few days with news regarding the recent 88th Academy Awards: 'Mad Max: Fury Road' and their astounding 6 wins out of 10 nominations, Stacey Dash's unexpected appearance, Leo winning his long-awaited, well-deserved Oscar (when we found out, everyone around me leapt up and started cheering, I kid you not)!

Between Chris Rock speaking out on diversity, Lady Gaga's beautiful performance of 'Til It Happens to You', and Jacob Tremblay's utter adorableness, stars showcased all sorts of beautiful gowns on the red carpet. Here are a few of my favourites!

1. Hannah Bagshawe and Eddie Redmayne in Alexander McQueen

Honestly, when have they ever disappointed? By this point I am probably biased because they have appeared in many of my favourites, but, to follow Scotty P's mantra, I have "no ragrets". Like last year's ceremony, they came, posed, and conquered. Hannah Bagshawe always manages to amaze me with her effortless style, and enough can't be said about Eddie Redmayne in a tux. They are everyone's couple goals, and true Hollywood royalty. 

2. Alicia Vikander in Louis Vitton 



I'm not a big fan of warm colours, but this is something else. Alicia Vikander totally rocked this twinkling LV creation, giving off sunny vibes on the red carpet. While the bubbled high-low shape of the gown says 'princess', the embellishments take it to another level. I have yet to watch The Danish Girl but after watching the trailer yesterday, I am determined to do so. Congratulations on the Best Supporting Actress win!

3. Saoirse Ronan in Calvin Klein

First, a very necessary PA: Brooklyn is incredible and you need to see it. Now back to the look.

Saoirse Ronan is devastatingly gorgeous, especially in her custom Calvin Klein. Everyone has been comparing her to the Little Mermaid, but I like to think her more of a glittering, Slytherin-esque goddess. If looks could kill, hers would slaughter you like a basilisk (ayyyyy). From the sheer skirt you can see that the sequins are arranged in a swirly pattern, reminiscent of the backdrop of van Gogh's 'The Starry Night'. Very, very nice!

A short but sweet compilation of my favourite looks from the Oscars. What were your favourite looks of the night?




Lots of love! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top