Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Chinese New Year

First off, happy Chinese New Near to anyone out there that celebrates it! I hope you had a wonderful time with friends and family.

This year I really enjoyed CNY. We met up with all these friends and relatives of which I haven't seen in quite a while. I had so much food: lo-bak go (萝卜糕), lian-go (年糕), countless plates of dim-sum...

However I did notice a change within me this CNY. Firstly, I completely ignored the Chinese candy box (攒盒) this year. Normally I'm always surrounding it, trying to get hold of the best candies before my sisters do, but this year it was merely a centrepiece on the table. Secondly, I had a strange feeling throughout the week. I spent a lot of time reading and not really joining in with the festivities. I guess this is what people would call 'growing up' and it inevitably happens, but I was not ready for that! Nonetheless, I had fun.

CNY kicked off on Thursday 19th this year, but before that was the period of which the CNY flower markets (花市) opened. The flower markets sell all sorts of things, from flowers and plants to stuffed toys and balloons. People all over HK visit them and they are usually packed, especially at night. There are several scattered around Hong Kong but the one I visited with my friends was the market in Victoria Park.










Thank you to my friend Brittany for helping me take some of the photos!

I was looking back at my old posts and realised that I stopped ending my posts with an inspirational/motivational poster. I would like to pick that up again because it spreads around positive vibes!


This is something I constantly try to remind myself to do. I freak out when I've got a whole list of things to do, and it makes me feel like I'll never finish in time. It turns out that I just need to take a breath, and then go deal with whatever's bugging me. 



The start of a new Chinese year! I hope you have a nice day and I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top